Sunday, November 23, 2014

Post PopCon Post


What an absolute blast at last weekend's PopCon 2014 event in the Wood Center, especially surrounded by so much talent + enthusiasm for two days of good crowds and curious queries about comics. Nice little write-up in the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner too - thanks to Kris Capps for the action shot above... already looking forward to next year.
In-between the demos I think I managed to get in a lot of marketing for both the cartooning classes at the Visual Art Academy and also promoting the UAF Summer Sessions Cartoon & Comic Arts course. And probably had a little bit too much fun...


I had the distinct pleasure to be bookended by Layla Lawlor sharing a table with Ellen Million to my right, and my neighbor on the left was Jose Mojica with his Jeff & Taylor work. Ryan Russell Pierce has his Ripped Art Studio, Alex Bates of Forge of Ice miniatures and Katie Tasky were also in-house, along with a random mix of other folks from the Comic Shop to Alternative Nachos. Special thanks to Johnny Stickman and Maria Frantz for helping table-sit while I wandered away. And lastly here is an excerpt from my favorite piece on display for the weekend: a spiffy image by Kelsey Gobrowski (see it in its full splendor at her DeviantArt page here).

No comments:

Post a Comment