Sunday, December 11, 2016

COWABUNGA: "Polar Plunge"

 
Heralding our first descent into minus thirty-ish temperatures... 

On a related note, I think I've now heard the absolute worst sound the human ear can possibly endure: that of bare metal, in the form of a front-end loader, while removing layers of ice, which coats the parking area around the water-filling station area, at sub-zero temperatures. The screeching agony was audible for quite some distance even while driving away. Of course my very next stop was at a cafe where I got to sit next someone slowly savoring each and every individual potato chip, with an open mouth no less, which inevitably triggers misophonia
Speaking of auditory agony, I actually had to leave another establishment earlier in the week on account of them playing a classic rock song which shall remain nameless that effectively derailed my attention span enough to hamper any sketching, and consequently infected me for hours afterwards. "Sensitive artist" or what? Update: I went back and after carefully listening to an unattended toddler bang blocks on a toy xylophone, it still sounded better than Billy Joel.
Of course only a matter of degrees separates that from the annual banality of holiday theme music which carried over half a dozen visits to local stores while out shopping. 'Tis the season... and rant aside, I'm definitely feeling pretty jolly and cranking out some holiday material this year... more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment