Sunday, March 10, 2024

"New Tricks"

Another in a six-week series of panels that featured the Ol' Timer character, charitably interpreted as being based off of my father (who despite his many faults was not as stupid as this guy). It's also become very clear in retrospect how much I have been listening to myself talk over the years of lecturing to Beginning Drawing students about compositional arrangement of the elements on a picture plane so as to enhance the depth of even a relatively simple scenario. All of which is to say, along with the character, I'm visually repeating a predictable pattern. Conversely, I have as of late been upending some traditions, pulling the creative rug out from under myself, such as voluntarily switching to the majority of the feature being rendered in color, for example. Still don't know how to type though.

No comments:

Post a Comment