Sunday, November 6, 2022

"Baked Alaska" #41 - #44

Well high there: Little bit late on posting my quarterly update on the Alaska Cannabist feature... but better late than never, so let's roll below the fold...


Puffin' is a long-running association with smoking but I thought I'd pass along a much more relevant panel with this trio of token tokers.

I was also afforded the opportunity to literally draw upon my considerable experience in rendering these adorable birbs.

The most epic piece of the year (for 2021 - canny eyes will note the erroneous copyright date, which I honestly have no idea whatsoever why or how that happened) (not that anybody pays attention to the fine print) (including me). 

Hat-tip to the influence of Sir James Tenniel, who's seminal illustrations from the 1865 edition of Lewis Carroll's classic provided the seeds. I'm particularly fond of this local take on the Cheshire Cat.

This one's my personal favorite of the year, and definitely in the top three ever done for this series. I mean, it's rare for me to score such a good pun, plus hinge off of one of my also top three all-time most favorite species.

Also worth noting is the improvements made on a particularly vexing logistical challenge in working out the dexterity involved with paws holding a spliff. I tell ya... details, details...

Lastly we come to another beloved classic: ol' Frosty. In case you ever wondered why he really was a "happy, jolly soul." And we'll "be back again someday" real soon to spark up another session of sharing some laughs.
*Speaking of sharing: a reminder dear reader that there's a collection out now of all these cartoons and more in a new book!

No comments:

Post a Comment