Sunday, January 24, 2021

"The Third Ear"


I see your third eye and raise you one consciousness. One detail about this one is how much immediate feedback it got withing hours of the Sunday paper coming out: just during one quick, short jaunt to town I crossed paths with several random folks who gave me great, positive reactions to it, as well as a couple "passing it around" online. That really means a lot and feels super when I sit down in the studio again. Real-world, tangible results in real time - maybe I should get out more often, maybe shave and put on pants more often. 

So the panel is yet another in a recent series of comparatively unsophisticated compositions that, in perspective, is an attempt to compensate for the overkill of the preceding ostentatious period. In other words, keeping it simple. Now I need to apply such brevity and restraint to my writing. Cough, cough.

No comments:

Post a Comment