Saturday, December 3, 2011

Art Troll: Cobblestones



Ha - some mysterious voyeur lurking deep in the Acadian woods caught an action shot (second image down) of me being a total poseur …er, I mean “cartooning en plein air.”

Photo: DRHunt/NPS

And for a big, hairy teaser to an upcoming pen & ink project (of the same sort as this past summer's internship), here's a scan of the reference sketch that I was actually working on...

"Who's that tripping over my bridge?"

Bonus detail shot posted below of this particularly gorgeous cobblestone bridge: by far & away my favorite part of Rockefeller’s 45-mile long network of the carriage roads are the sixteen stone bridges that span cliffs, road and stream throughout Acadia National Park. Made from locally quarried granite these structures are impressive icons of stonecutter history. Rock on: a few more images in the Picasa "Down East" album.



No comments:

Post a Comment