Yeah I know, supposedly last year was supposed to be the last year. Well what can I say, with the most recent event down at the public library being such a stellar opportunity to market this as a perfect follow-up gig, for just as an important institution worthy of support: promoting both literacy and independent local journalism (now more important than ever what with this particular the ongoing attack on democracy).
Looks like the critter for Demo Day IV will be a baby muskox. And seeing as how now still I gotta do an otter, a bison, and a sandhill crane, there'll presumably still be more of these yet to come. In retrospect, I still maintain it's the moral duty of every cartoonist as the peripheral talent - most especially of all the big, famous ones - to giving back a little time + energy going to bat for the local rag. We owe it to them. So it'll be super awesome if you could subscribe or renew your subscription (on-liners can even email me a grab of yer receipt + mailing address and I'll send along a personalized mox in the mail!).
![]() |
| color mockup |
"For the sixth year Fairbanks Daily News-Miner cartoonist Jamie Smith will be doing live demonstrations all day in the lobby of the newspaper for this upcoming First Friday, September 4th, from 9-5pm.
Watch how the “Nuggets” cartoon has been created since 1988, support local independent journalism with a subscription or renewal, and receive an original work of art drawn on-site!"
Here's linkage to: 2025 (here & here + recap); 2024 (here + recap); 2023 (here + recap); 2022 (here); 2021 (here & here + recap). Hear, hear.
![]() |
| concept doodle |



No comments:
Post a Comment