Sunday, February 6, 2022

"Subsistance Fail" (aka "Stick A Fork In It")

Yeah that's a little bit on the rare side. Makes me flash back to the days of interacting with crowds of tourists, and the sizable percentage of whom fancy themselves touring gourmands à la amateur Bourdains eager to sample our local fare. But that's a big no-no on selling game meat in Alaska.

And I know I've been sharing my ongoing pleasure with coloring fun as of late, but this is another one I just had so much simple fun with. The concept of filling in a light tone even on the balloons/bubbles leaves just the details like eyeballs and teeth white (off-white when printed on the newsprint, but everything else is still pushed down across the spectrum so comparatively speaking it's still the lightest value in the panel).

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment