Sunday, July 4, 2021

"Air-Cooled Sammich"


Sometimes I base my cartoons on real-life experiences - a variation on the "write what you know" theory but for cartooning. Which means if your life is at all as weird as mine, you'll wind up sometimes illustrating some rather bizarre situations.

(Exhibit "A" for what happens when I don't bother sketching out an initial concept doodle first)

Now I'm not saying my life is a joke, it's more of a case that I maybe pay a little closer attention than many. I attribute inspiration not on getting ideas per say, you just take notes is all.

(edit, edit, edit)

Take for instance my habit of swinging by a coffee hut on my way in to the morning class. I'll have another five minutes afterwards before getting to the campus parking lot, and that's usually enough time to bolt down a sammich - provided it's cool enough.

Burrito Power

Which naturally brings me to what perhaps is the few remaining redeeming features of enduring subzero life in the subarctic. Especially if it's like forty-below zero and you're driving 55mph... calculating the wind chill can be the stuff of nightmares. Somewhat similar to deconstructing the elements of a postmodern sammich.

No comments:

Post a Comment