Friday, September 11, 2015

2015 UAF Fine Arts Faculty Show + R.I.P. Marmaduke


Just a heads-up that there's a pretty spiffy exhibition of the faculty (including lowly adjuncts) up at the gallery in the UAF Art Department until the end of next week. Drop on by campus if you're in this neck of the woods for a visit: besides making the poster posted above of some excerpted elements + textural details sampled from some of the pieces on display, I'm also showing a print of the recent two-page piece "Turdwatching." And I recently signed on for a solo gig at an awesome new venue in town this upcoming January - more on the show later as the year winds down.


And a sad note in passing on the death of Brad Anderson, creator of "Marmaduke." I was incredibly fortunate to meet him in person not too long ago while on vacation back East, and it made quite an impression on me. One of the greats...

No comments:

Post a Comment