|Framing work-in-progress by The Art Center|
Last year I had such a blast hanging out and doing demos at the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner's table at the Tanana Valley State Fair that I'm scheduled to do it again this year. I'll be camped out all day on Friday, August 8th from noon until 6pm. Please drop on by to say hello!
Posted up top is a teaser shot of the original panel (pen & ink + watercolor) that will also be raffled off ($3 a ticket or 4 for $10) in support of the local Newspapers In Education program. Similar to the Literacy Council of Alaska benefit piece I did for their 2013 benefit auction, prints will also be available for spiffy posters all through the entire week at the Fair - August 1st through the 9th - and also available at the News-Miner offices downtown thereafter. Look for a more detailed process post for this particular panel next weekend...
Newspapers in Education
Benefits of NIE:
• Builds community literacy.
• Increases basic reading & comprehension skills.
• Circulates "real-life referents" for teaching.
• Provides community support to local educators & demonstrates community support of education.
• Increases student awareness of the community and the world at large.
• Proven higher achievement scores in students who used newspaper materials in the classroom.
• Formats interaction between community and education Support NIE
Donations for our Newspapers in Education come from businesses as well as individuals. Please consider supporting this useful educational tool. For information about supporting the NIE program contact: firstname.lastname@example.org