Sunday, May 29, 2011

Rainbow


“I guess I just prefer to see the dark side of things. The glass is always half empty. And cracked. And I just cut my lip on it. And chipped a tooth.” - Janeane Garofalo

Why do some cartoonists automatically look at the worst possible outcome for any given scenario? This one goes out to all my friends in the Goldstream Valley, who just dodged a major bullet with the outbreak of a 800 acre wildfire (awesome/scary pics here) that came mighty close to their neck of the woods, right by where my old cabin is. 
The cartoon was originally drawn up last year in relation to yet again, one more stifling fire season in Alaska, which resulted in another summer lost in the haze of smoke. Almost enough to make one miss the ice fog. Almost.

"Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humor, 
which is awfully important in this day and age. 
Humor has a tremendous place in this sordid world. It's more than just a matter of laughing. 
If you can see things out of whack, then you can see how things can be in whack." – Dr. Seuss 

No comments:

Post a Comment