Friday, February 4, 2011

Home Port


After years of working at various eating establishments around Fairbanks, my last food-service gig was making sammiches at Home Port. Next to washing dishes, I probably enjoyed this job the most, as it was essentially a one-man operation running the deli at nights: taking orders, cranking out the subs and prepping for the next day. Leaning over the counter sporting a greasy apron and yakking with the customers, slicing meats and cheese, chopping up veggies: it was like being a waiter and cook all rolled into one.


Needless to say I got to use my markers about as much as a knife some weekends. Wish I could dig up a picture of the first tshirt I ever made around this time, basically a giant kosher pickle with our unofficial slogan "Do A Dill."







No comments:

Post a Comment