Sunday, December 18, 2022

"Winter Coat"


One of the handful of published panels in the "Nuggets Sketchbook" series, meaning the art was scanned straight from one of my omnipresent sketchbooks and, with minimal tweaking in Photoshop (as seen here in the posted process, mostly contrast enhancement), printed straight up. I like the raw sketchy quality brought about by the usage of a regular ballpoint pen combined with my usual water-soluble watercolor wash pencils.

It also illustrates the idea that at some point the feature will transition to address the fact that it's now winter in Alaska, and eventually start with the seasonally appropriate content, in other words, more cold weather gags. Though I do admit somewhat spinning off the wheel has been a little liberating in the creative sense, and feeling like I'm pressured to stay on a regular schedule - just like the freedom to explore random content... all be it still within the bounds of Alaskana.

No comments:

Post a Comment