Sunday, June 12, 2022

"Spoiler"

Pretty sure I've mentioned it elsewhere before on this blog but it bears repeating how far off the seasonal wheel I've spun now what with random postings regardless of what time of the year it is in reality. 

I mean, the reality of it is that it matters about as much as when I first came up with the idea: there are times I'm thinking about warmer days and sunshine while deep in the frozen grip of winter, and conversely I'll be suffering from S.A.D. in the summer.

It didn't really matter when the idea for this one came about because I sure wasn't reference sketching at a dog mushing race. Which reminds me: almost every time I draw a dog sled and/or a racing dog hitched up and running I think to myself how one of these days I'll remember to stop and actually look at what they actually look like, and maybe even do a reference sketch. 

But then I always remember it's not really the point, and besides, it only took like half my career to realize I was drawing moose antlers behind their ears. I mean, dogs don't wear sunglasses either silly, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment