Sunday, August 15, 2021

"The Alaskan Nightmare"


Three seasons in one day (as opposed to four): snow + smoke from wildfires wafting in from the tundra + a flurry of mosquitoes. All that's missing are lampreys from above. You can see the revision that evolved on-the-fly, especially with the abandoned pencil that just wasn't quite itching the scratch

It occurred to me after seeing this in print just how awesome the color printing capabilities are down at the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner. At some point over the season I'll get to take a tour of the pressroom, and personally ex-press my gratitude to the folks who literally make me look good. They pulled it off with this particular panel when I pushed the range of color with some subtleties in shading with barely detectable tones.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment