Sunday, August 12, 2018

"Cat-ch of the Day"

 
Here's a panel that I initially thought whimsical and charming enough on its own to run as a doodle under the "Nuggets Sketchbook" header, then changed my mind and decided to pencil + ink it up for real. That never happened, and I accidentally found myself caught up short on the stockpile of material to send off to the paper, and this one was still in the holding file on the desktop. Afterwards I surprisingly enough actually got random, unsolicited feedback from folks around town that remembered it enough to point out "Hey that was a good one last weekend." It always mean an awful lot whenever that happens - makes my day.

And now I have an thematic excuse to include a bonus posting of the two cool kitty bowls recently scored from one of my favorite ceramicists in town!

1 comment: