Sunday, November 22, 2015

"Darth Maul"


On really cold days I sometimes miss the perverse enjoyment to be had from whacking away at logs with a blunt instrument. Mauling's not really all that different than mulling over ideas for cartoons I suppose, given my razor-sharp wit (I wish).

sketches by Tara Miracle + C. Hale

Art imitates Life... or is it the other way around? Tài bàng le: my Life Drawing class had a special treat with guest demonstration of Chinese Swordsmanship by Tim Walker from the Northern T'ai Chi Ch'uan Association. Very informative session where he showed us some graceful + powerful routines, just perfect for gesture studies. We learned, among many other interesting facts about t'ai chi, that as opposed to the current image of it being a form of esoteric yoga for old people, it is historically based on more of a martial art. 謝謝


And what with the impending release of the new Star Wars, the Force is with me these days, or at least the Dark Side. One of these days maybe I'll get around to compiling all the Alaskan Star Wars + Star Trek gags I've done over the years...

No comments:

Post a Comment