Friday, August 13, 2010

Collaborative Pages/"Man-Bear"



This'd be the second time I've had to interject myself into the mix of material for the week-long collaborative exercise assignment page. Case-in-point for the invaluable opportunity in having other folks, uh, save your butt. Also it's interesting to see the strains of style survive, mutate and evolve under the influence of other input.


The pencil (posted to the left) was the emergency stop-gap on account of sudden missing links in the chain of collaborators, ie slackers. It was cranked out in about fifteen minutes worth of "oh snap" inspired energy, not the best situation to develop anything remotely approaching what I'd expect in turn to be handed in. Fortunately the originating author opted to work the piece up himself for his final 3-pager, and get a chance to execute his envisioned piece the way he saw it, as opposed to interpretation at the hands of other people.
And I have it on his personal assurance that the character getting mauled by the man-bear is in fact not a caricature of someone familiar, handsome goatee aside...



"I don't think my parents liked me. They put a live teddy bear in my crib." - Woody Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment