I actually haven't ever used this service, nor any air b&b's, or uber either, or any of the recent hipster shit. Probably the only person you know that hasn't ever ordered anything off amazon (originally thanks to their early history of obliterating independent bookstores for that). Now get the hell off my snowbank.
Also one of the reasons I rarely read contemporary syndicated comics is also on account of such self-imposed purity: the fear of contamination from other ideas because I still adhere to equally outdated concepts of authorship and originality. So when I accidentally saw this in a recent comics section (saved and used as holiday wrapping paper) I was reminded of the theory of multiple discovery (or simultaneous invention and/or synchronicity). Great minds and all that.
And sometimes I feel a little twinge when I see some fabulous artwork and a feature story rubbing shoulders on the page with a particularly tasteful panel of mine. Touch of class, that's me. (Featured is work by a former student Phoebe Flanagan, and story by a great writer and reviewer, David James).



No comments:
Post a Comment