Sunday, June 23, 2024

"Socket"

The meta behind this gag comes from an influential live album released in 1977 by Steve Martin called "Let's Get Small," specifically referencing the "Plumber's Joke"). I mean, it can't be that obscure since it went platinum, hit #10 on Billboard, and won the Grammy for comedy, so there's bound to be at least a few folks around that'll connect the dots. Incidentally it was at this age when my father offered to buy for my birthday any musical instrument I wanted. I was entranced by bongos and settled on a pair of Yamaha congas, but between this guy and another hero, Harold, a Honer 5-string became my destiny. Not the first nor definitely not the last of poor decisions in life, all of which led to here, so everything turned out okay in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment