Sunday, July 10, 2022

"Roll Over" (aka "Hibernation is OVER") + Bonus "Fat Bears"

I've mentioned elsewhere before how this blog spun off the wheel last year just like how my making artwork and producing pieces in sync with the seasons has officially slipped out of gear. In other words I'm making (and posting) winter cartoons in summer and the reverse as well, which certainly can brighten up the dark, subzero day when immersing one's attention on coming up with gags about the midnight sun. Though you run an equal chance if contracting a case of S.A.D. in the middle of summer. When I first drafted this post it was May and it was snowing like crazy - giving me the idea about another cartoon... "It'll never stick." But now what with daily temperatures swinging up to 90°F (above zero) it's time to ease off on the flaky stuff. But anyways not being engaged with reality has its advantages in making it easier to keep brushing off any annoyances like animal noises emanating from your den-mate.

On a more serious note as a result of not smoking for several years now, my worsening snore reversed itself, though the inexorable flatulence proceeds apace. If you can't age gracefully at least make it funny.

There are days I am just the luckiest man alive

Largely on account of the Significant Otter's incredible adaptation of sugar-free confectionery wonders I join a host of other large arctic species lumbering about the tundra - somehow during hibernation I managed to actually gain weight this season. But hey man, no shame dude - just maybe lay off the fat bear jokes okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment