Sunday, May 31, 2020

Easter 2020: The Nuggets Edition


Didn't do an Easter-themed panel last year, as I usually am ensconced within my own world and either ignore or conveniently forget such important dates (even despite the accompanying avalanche of consumer advertising). Typically I get great ideas on the day of the event though (spontaneously triggered by the requisite reminders by social media postings), and the challenge then becomes to still work up a panel and tag it in the production pipeline so as to actually make the deadline the following year. That would entail looking like I actually have my shit together, and for once am planning ahead for the future. Yeah sure, okay - let you know how that works out. Anyways I really love this one, it made me grin after drawing the faces - a rare event since I think I tend to look at my own artwork too critically (itself an annoying habit carried over from the frequent training runs with enumerable classroom critiques).
And it's been two years now since I've had any chocolate now, so above & beyond the whole zombie thing I have even less of a reason to care about this particular holiday, which in turn extends the objective distance required to make fun of anything. Guess all that's left are sacred pagan fertility rites indelibly linked with the hare cycles... (runs off to grab sketchbook after getting another idea).

No comments:

Post a Comment