Friday, February 3, 2012

"Guilty Breakfast" aka "Hangry Birds"


*Update 11/26/2018: Recently searched the my computer for this cartoon, and then this here blog, as I was watercoloring the original to have for sale at an upcoming gig, and I wanted to see if there was any evidence out there as to exactly when it was first created.


And ta-daa... turned out there was one of the dreaded "image not found" or "broken link" icons in its place (thanks to Google shit-canning Picasa). And being too lazy to trawl through the digital archives on external storage to track down the panel that appeared in print, I thought I'd take this opportunity now to go back in time and not only restore but improve upon the past. So here's a couple bonus process images, in lieu of the published version, from the Jamie of the future.
(original post appears below)


Shortly before Angry Birds, there's usually a Hungry Birds stage. Loosely based on some insistent chickadees around this neck of the woods. This is the second of the two panels I did as demos in front of the students for my recent Artist in Residency.

No comments:

Post a Comment