Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Clink's Calendars


1986-88: Probably what was another huge boost to my exposure was moonlighting as a waiter (or was it the other way around?) at one of the better restaurants in town at the time: Clinkerdagger, Bickerstaff & Pett's once had a store here in Fairbanks, and I did quite a bit of freelance for them, while sporting some really spiffy-looking knickers. Besides being the sucker who got tapped every day to write up the specials on the big chalkboard, I did hand-lettered specialty menus, fliers, posters and advertisements, but the most notable was a monthly calendar for the Pub. Here I was given free reign after being provided with a list of the important stuff to include by the manager - but everything else was open season on stupidity. This went on for a couple years before quitting and moving on, and moving up, in both realms of food service and the funnies. Clink's is now a parking lot for Office Max, but I do miss me some steak pottage and burnt cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment