Monday, July 26, 2010

Still More Student Gags



This one post features some samples of outstanding work by Anita Ashbaugh. 
Part of the reason I schedule this particular class in the evenings is to hopefully catch a few more folks who are working days jobs. That would include me, and let me tell ya by the time 6pm rolls around there are many days I've long since lost any scholarly aptitude, not to mention killed off any surviving sense of humor. Says a lot to bust out laughing at the sight of a slothy grin at the end of another grind. I mention this because from the perspective of a creator one doesn't necessarily ever lose sight of why we do what we do, but it can quite often become more like a feral cat chasing its own tail on catnip. So I am reminded why it is that others read funnies - in hopes of scoring that one, brief burst of unhinged happiness that at times more than enough to right the whole damn day. 

And all the analysis in the world doesn't impede the effect of finding something funny as hell: whether one knows why or why not, when that Nerf-bolt of cartoon lightening hits, you just take it for all it's worth, nevermind the rest. That goes for laughing your ass off at something stupid... and drawing it as well.









“I don't see the world unless I see it in ink.” - Jewel Kilcher

No comments:

Post a Comment