Sunday, May 30, 2010

2010 Reuben Awards: Bizarro



Dan Piraro, creator of the "Bizarro" panel was awarded the National Cartoonist Society's top honor, the Reuben, for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year


In my opinion he's truly the only successor to the genius that was B. Kliban, and besides being my personal contemporary favorite I'm constantly impressed with the level of detail in his work, especially the degree of historical accuracy in his props and set design, and unique, expressive characterizations. Piraro's craftsmanship and linework make his drawings a visual pleasure to look at long after I'm done laughing.


Visit and bookmark his excellent blog!


Other winners and nominees in the American cartoon industry's most coveted award can be read here and here.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Jamie. Comparing me to Kliban is the nicest thing anyone could do!
    Dan

    ReplyDelete